Fall 2018 Ministry Update
First and foremost we would like to thank each of you for your prayers and partnership in The Village. We could not do what we do without your help. It has been awhile since an update has come out, so we would like to highlight just what the Lord has been doing these past six months, what He has in store in the coming six months, and how you can join the movement.
Who We Are
We have encountered many questions about exactly what the ministry is. Because the name is Vanessa’s Village, many people think it is about Vanessa. This is not the case. Vanessa, our adopted special needs daughter, is the inspiration behind starting the ministry. We realized rather quickly that it takes a village to raise her, and as the universal Church, we strive to partner with others to bring the Kingdom of Heaven here. We are a Village that is raising up people to KNOW their Papa, KNOW their identity, and KNOW their call. We do this through hosting a prayer house, having outdoor community wide worship nights, one on one discipleship, leading international mission trips, and local speaking engagements. We feel called to share our story of learning to love Vanessa and press in for her freedom even when we cannot see it. We speak at local churches and retreats, as well as schools to inspire youth to pursue Jesus with all they have because He’s worth it. We are so excited for the ways that God has been bringing others into the Village.
- Alabaster Prayer House- Come on out every SECOND and FOURTH Tuesday evening of the month from 6:30-8pm for a time of intimate worship with our Father. (330 North Main Street Souderton PA 18964).
- International Mission Trips- Vanessa’s Village is open to helping local youth groups coordinate and lead international and national mission trips. Our heart is to see the Nations know the love of Jesus. We also run our own trips with international connections we have.
- Discipleship- We offer one on one discipleship for anyone looking to dig into the heart of God.
- Counseling- We have connections to a wonderful, Spirit led, Christian counselor who works out of Harleysville PA. She comes highly recommended. If anyone needs a higher level of discipleship than we can provide, we advise you contact Lauren. She has been a God send for us as we have been able to receive Godly wisdom from her as well. (Lauren Bittner: 215-858-0066).
- Kingdom Builders- In the spring, summer, and fall, we host outdoor community wide worship nights on the third Saturday of the month, May through October. The events start at 6pm with snacks, worship, volleyball, and fellowship. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram at Kingdom Builders PA for more information and updates. (3327 West Ridge Pike Pottstown PA).
Ways to Partner
We are looking for people willing to join the heart of the ministry.
- Worship leaders for Alabaster Prayer House.
- People willing to disciple youth.
- Prayer warriors. Life in ministry can take a toll on a family, and we would love to have a strong team of people joining us in praying for Vanessa’s freedom, Sean and Marissa’s marriage, and the ministry as a whole. We value the power of prayer.
- Monthly donations/ one time gifts. The ministry is run by the generosity of those around us. Our costs are not high, but we are always looking for donations to cover what our family cannot. Partnering with Vanessa’s Village opens up doors of partnership into the lives of those in the extended Souderton area community. There are some specific areas you can donate towards. Donations can be made online at (www.vanessasvillage.com/donate) or checks may be made out to (Vanessa’s Village) and sent to (330 North Main Street Souderton PA 18964). Please do not feel you need to give. We want to highlight the needs, and first and foremost would love you to pray for those needs. If you feel led to give, we are grateful and know God will bless the funds, but if you are not in a place to give, that is totally fine.
- We are in need of people to donate to Kingdom Builders and the investment in youth in the area. We love to be able to create a place of worship within the community, but we know as winter comes, we will need some funds to clean up the worship area and get it ready for the events. We need donations for sound equipment and building supplies for the worship center.
- You may always donate simply to Vanessa’s Village. As needs come up, we will make you aware, but our goal is to be able to have some extra donations set aside to help local families with the needs.
Thank you for your friendship!
Sean speaking at Dock Mennonite Academy and Marissa speaking at a Woman’s Retreat
Alabaster Prayer House information and small group/ one on one discipleship
Guatemala Mission Trip- January 2018. Next trip is January 1-8, 2019. Email us for information.
Our family ❤
Thank you for all your support!